Wagging Tails Pet Sitters understand wholeheartedly that you may have more questions and concerns than what is listed below. We are happy to take the time to answer them all with you personally. Please feel free to give us a call. We can discuss, at length, your pet’s care and needs. Thank you for your consideration.
Big and small, we care for them all. From hamsters to horses, our pet care staff has experience in caring for all types of pets.
- Reduced stress – your pet remains in their own familiar, secure setting.
- Diet and exercise – a normal diet and routine are followed. Daily walks are part of our service. Exercise serves as a mischief deterrent and is good for your dog's health. It is also an important way to alleviate separation anxiety.
- No travel trauma – traveling to a family member or friend’s house or to a boarding facility can upset your pet.
- Health and well-being – less exposure to illness of other animals when your pet stays in its own environment.
- Loving care – your pet receives personalized attention and love while you are away.
- Benefits for your convenience – you won’t need to spend time transporting your pet to and from another location.
- Peace of mind – you can enjoy time away from home knowing your pet is being cared for by a professional who will put your pet’s needs first.
- Security – we alter lights, close blinds and take in your newspaper to give your home that “lived in” look.
Your neighbors may have the best intentions, but WE have the professional skills, bonding and insurance.
- We're trained professionals with experience in handling and caring for pets of all types.
- Thorough criminal background checking and employment references are completed by management.
- Bonded and insured. Should any unfortunate circumstances arise, your pets are in the hands of a legally-formed company.
- Reputation – our glowing reviews and 25 years of service speak for themselves.
- Reliability – ever wonder what would happen if your neighbor didn’t show up? We are contracted professionals: dedicated and reliable.
- Honesty and integrity are vital to our organization. Only experienced pet care givers are hired here.
Our rates per visit are all inclusive of our services. This means there are no additional fees for administering medicine, for bringing in the mail, watering plants, etc.
We do not offer pet sitting services in our homes. Our main service is offering care in your home. By allowing your pets to stay in your home, you are placing less mental and emotional stress on your pets when you leave home. In your home, they will be surrounded by familiar sounds, smells and surroundings, which will also minimize the effects of separation anxiety. When you ask one of our pet sitters to visit your home, you also have the benefit of a home with a “lived-in” look. Our sitter will be happy to rotate blinds, alternate lights and bring in the mail for an added sense of security (at no additional charge).
The visit will include everything needed to ensure that your pets are safe, secure and engaged while you are away. For dogs, this may include walks, playtime, fresh water, brushing, feeding, tummy rubs and lots of love. For cats, we take care of the litter box maintenance, playtime, feeding, fresh water and lots of cuddles. We will also administer medications as needed. Complimentary home maintenance is also included which may involve bringing in the newspapers, mail, watering plants, rotating lights, blinds etc. If you have a pet other than a dog or cat, just let us know what you need and we will be happy to accommodate!
The number of visits we come per day is completely up to you! We require at least 2 visits per day for dogs unless the dog has indoor/outdoor access, but recommend three and will require at least once every other day visitation for cats. If you would like us to come once, twice, or three times a day, it is up to you. We are flexible! We also offer a great overnight option in which we will sleepover with your pets. We are available 365 days a year, 7 days a week, and our normal hours for visits are 7am – 10pm. However if you have special needs for your pets outside of those hours, we will do our best to accommodate.
Yes we do! Check out our Puppy Potty Training Service. We offer great discounted rates for clients who book monthly.
You can request services online 24/7 when you are logged on to your account. You can also call us at (860) 621-PETS (7387) or email us your request. If you leave a message before 3pm or send an online request, you can always expect a timely reply on the same business day. Our online scheduling system allows you to easily request visits with a few clicks of the mouse. We know you lead a life on the go, so we try to make pet care as easy and straightforward as possible!
We know what great buddies your pets will become with their pet sitter, so it is always our goal to keep you with your same primary sitter each time you book services. However, in case you request services when your normal sitter isn’t available or is sick or injured, rest assured that our other staff members are just as fabulous as the one your pet has come to know and love.
We require payment at the time of service. We accept all cash, checks, all major credit cards and PayPal.
For new clients, contact us about a week in advance of your trip so that we can arrange a visit to your home to meet your pets and discuss their care. Once you are a client, we understand that last minute emergencies or opportunities may require you to leave your pet. We offer our services 365 days per year. So we can accommodate any last minute requests. Additional last minute service fees do apply.
Yes, we do. It is outlined in your service contract, and we are happy to discuss it at length with you.
We require 2 sets of keys to your home. Most clients have us keep their keys on file, so we are always ready for future service at a moment's notice. We are happy to return your keys and pick them up for each period of service. Additional fees apply.
For the safety of your pet, and the security of your home, no, we do not come every other day.
Of course! We understand that as a pet parent, you are concerned about them. We promptly respond to all clients inquiries about their pets. Most of our staff send text and photo updates to pet parents.
Yes! Our staff are trained in Pet CPR & First Aid. We are all experienced in administering pills, drops, ointments and subcutaneous injections. Several part-time staff members are veterinary technicians!
The benefit of hiring our service is that if one staff member is detained or delayed, we have about 19 other staff members who are ready, willing and able to get to your pet!
Many dogs experience separation anxiety. In extreme cases, medication is needed, but in most cases exercise will help to alleviate their anxiety. A break in the day with a visit by a Wagging Tails Pet Sitter provides the exercise, focus and stress relief these animals need.