Open 7 days a week! 6:30am to 7pm
For your convenience, earlier drop off, and later pickup times, are available upon request. TransPAWtation services with pickup and drop off, also provided by Wagging Tails is available.
Socialization, exercise, training and FUN in a safe, supervised, enriching and stimulating environment. Provided by experienced, trained, pet CPR & first aid trained, pet care professionals.
Since 1995, (yup, we're proud of 24 years in business in Connecticut), Wagging Tails has been providing award winning, professional, loving pet care. Now, with a second location, conveniently located in West Hartford, you can rest assured that while you run errands, work long days, or go away, your pet is in fantastic care.
Just like children’s daycare, your pet’s day includes playtime, nap time, training/education time, treat time, more play time and even a few days of arts of crafts! Our facility is the largest in the area. 13000 sf of HUGE areas for dogs to romp, play, rest and relax.
Your dog(s) will make plenty of friends (both human and canine) in play groups customized according to size, breed, age and temperament. Wagging Tails provides enriching play equipment, in a spotless facility, equipped with air scrubbing equipment that kills virus and bacteria causing canine illness, and piped in spa grade lavender scent to aid in calming canines. We pick experienced pet care professionals to care for your dogs. Our staff are trained to know pet behavior, and physical attributes leading to play, aggression, exhaustion, etc.
BONUS! Since we know every pet parent wants to know how their dog’s day was, (but they can’t tell you!), as part of our service, you receive daily Report Cards with photos or videos of your dog’s day!
Our outdoor fenced-in play area features professional dog play equipment, bone and paw-shaped splash pools, bubbles, ball pits and more! For the older dogs that just want to chillax, we offer a quiet area for them to lounge and relax as much as they want!
What’s a resort without a pool?! From April to October, our daycare offers a unique opportunity for your dog to swim in our saltwater pool! Your dog will return home tired and happy, after a day with their furry friends.
Wagging Tails Pet Resort & Spaw is a full service facility… we provide pretty much every service a pet needs (except vet care). So, you can schedule a bath, massage, a la carte grooming services, treadmill time, birthday pawties, and other activities and extras for your pet to enjoy during their day at doggie daycare!
If your dog is not social, doesn’t enjoy the company of other dogs, or prefers to lounge the day away at home, on your sofa, Wagging Tails also provides at your home dog walking and pet sitting services 365 days a year by bonded, insured, background checked, pet care professionals.
- Please contact us for age requirements. We offer pet care for all ages!
- Dogs 12 months of age and older SHOULD be spayed or neutered. However, we understand that many breeders and veterinarians are recommending later ages for the surgeries. So, Wagging Tails will discuss with you the options we offer based on your pet's age, behaviors and training. If your dog is over 12 months of age and is not spayed or neutered, this does not mean that they are not eligible for our daycare program. It means that we will evaluate their behaviors and place them in the appropriate playgroups or individual care program. Please contact us with any questions.
- Dogs must be on a veterinarian approved flea or tick preventative.
- Proof of up-to-date Rabies, Distemper, Parvovirus, Bordetella and Canine Influenza vaccines are required.
- All dogs must have a temperament evaluation prior to their acceptance into our daycare program.
- If your dog exhibits signs of aggression towards other dogs, we regret that they will not be accepted into daycare.
- Dogs must have quick release collars. If you do not have one, we offer collars for sale in our lobby.
- Reservations are required. Last minute cancellations or no shows will result in a no show fee charged to you, or a package credit deducted.
Doggie daycare is open 7 days a week from 6:30am to 7pm. Please note that hours are subject to change without notice.
Pickup must be by 7pm. Any dogs present after 7pm will incur an overnight boarding fee.