Dock Diving Try It Sessions
Try It Sessions: $30 per dog for up to 2 hours. Space is limited to up to 6 dogs per class. These are scheduled sessions/events by Wagging Tails.
So, if you would like to try dock diving, and your dog is a swimmer, we encourage you to register for a Try It Session. These are scheduled events, held weekly, by Wagging Tails. Dates are TBA on our Facebook page, or on our website Events Page, or via client eblast. We encourage you to register with our company to receive our eblasts that are full of information and event dates.
If you're not sure what to expect from dock diving, or how to do it, Wagging Tails Pet Resort & Spaw offers TRY IT sessions. This session is for dogs who do swim. Our Try It Sessions are non intimidating, friendly, fun and educational! Our trainers will work with you and your dog to slowly introduce you both to this incredibly fun, exhilarating sport! Try It Sessions include introduction to the dock, the pool, education about the history of the sport, rules, judging, dock and event etiquette, throwing techniques, and introduction to the IT events – Catch It, Chase It and Fetch It. Limited space is available for each Try IT session, for dogs to try out their ability on the dock. Preregistration is required. Dogs must be over 6 months old to compete in events. Maximum 6 dogs per class. Private classes also available. Non-refundable. Rain or shine. Please be advised that we cycle through dogs in these sessions. So, as you wait and watch other dogs, you will learn techniques, tips and tricks. Also be advised that if you arrive and your dog cannot swim or won’t go into the pool on their own, they will need to be scheduled for a Swim Lesson at a later date. Your Try It fee will not be refunded. Although time will be spent at attempting them to get into the pool, the Try It Session is NOT for this purpose. We will continue to rotate through the group. So, before your dog attends a Try It Session, it is best that you are sure they will get into a pool/swim.
Please be advised that it may take your dog more than one session to jump from the top dock into the pool.
If you would like to schedule a private Try It session, we are happy to do so! Price is determined by length of time and number of dogs.
(860) 621-7387 (Pets)
For Try It Sessions bring:
- your dog’s favorite floating toy. If you forget it, or don’t have one, not to worry. Wagging Tails offer what we have found to be the most popular and most durable floating devices for sale in our lobby.
- Towel, sunscreen, chair, umbrella, water, water bowl for your dog
- Proof of your dog’s up to date rabies vaccination is required.
- If, after your dog’s session in the pool, you would like to rinse them with a warm, fresh water bath, Wagging Tails offers DIY Dog Wash services.
We often have large tents erected on site for shade. However, if there are high winds or inclement weather, they may not be up. Bring with you whatever you would bring for a day at the beach. This will aid in protecting and your dog. from heat and sun exposure.
- Please pick up after your pet. Pet waste removal stations are located throughout the property.
- Please dispose of any trash in receptacles. We ask that you keep the property as clean as you found it.
- No smoking or vaping is allowed on Wagging Tails Pet Resort & Spaw property.
- No dogs in heat allowed on the property.
- Dogs under 6 months of age are able to take swim lessons, and participate in Try It Sessions, but are unable to compete in events.
- No e-collars or prong collars are allowed on dogs while in the pool area.
- No retractable leashes.
- No people are allowed in the pool. Dogs only!
- All dogs must be registered at the front desk.
- Bathrooms are located at the porta-potties in the front of the building.
- A pool use contract and liability waiver must be signed prior to entering pool area.
- Owner must provide proof of rabies, parvo, distemper vaccines.
- Payment is due for all services at time of reservation.
- Events and classes are rain or shine. They are non-refundable.